Manufacturing Day was created in 2012 by Founding Partner Fabricators and the Manufacturers Association, International, with the mission of positively changing the public perception of modern manufacturing. As stated by Jeffrey Krause, CEO of SME. “A serious misconception is that manufacturing is dirty, dark or dangerous; and isn’t seen as an optimal career choice. The
reality is far from that.” The truth is that manufacturing represents the best of what America has to offer; resourcefulness, creativity, innovation, persistence, and most importantly, teamwork.
· Manufacturing employs more than 12.75 million men and women, accounting for 8.6% of workforce.
· Manufacturing contributed $2.33 trillion to the U.S. economy in the first quarter of 2018.
· In 2017, manufacturing accounted for 11.6% of GDP.
· Manufacturing has the largest economic impact of any major sector.
· Accounts for more than three-quarters of all private-sector research and development in the nation, driving more innovation than any other sector.
· Taken alone, Manufacturing in the U.S. would be the 9th largest economy in the world.
For anyone who doesn’t know MIJA, MIJA Industries is a Massachusetts based, family owned manufacturer of life safety devices for over 46 years. MIJA employs over 150 men and women in Mexico and Massachusetts and we are proud to say that every gauge and device that leaves our doors is a quality product made by our hardworking and skilled team.
Thank you to all our employees for making us who we are today!
Happy National Manufacturing Day.