As a Massachusetts based, family owned manufacturer of life safety devices, we are pleased to be celebrating National Manufacturing Day this Friday, October 2nd 2020.
MIJA’s production teams are made up of hardworking and skilled individuals in U.S. and Mexico, and we are proud to say we stand behind every gauge and device that leaves our doors.
National Manufacturing Day was created in 2012 to celebrate the over 12 million skilled and talented workers in the manufacturing sector. As stated by Jeffrey Krause, CEO of SME. “A serious misconception is that manufacturing is dirty, dark or dangerous; and isn’t seen as an optimal career choice. The reality is far from that.” The truth is that manufacturing represents the best of what America has to offer; resourcefulness, creativity, innovation, persistence, and most importantly, teamwork.
- There are currently 12.13 million workers in the manufacturing sector.
- Manufacturers export nearly half of U.S. manufacturing output to free trade agreement partners.
- Manufacturers contributed $2.362 trillion to the U.S. economy in the first quarter.
- For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, another $2.74 is added to the economy.
- Over the past 28 years, U.S.-manufactured goods exports have quadrupled.